Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day at the beach!






Ahhhh, the warm south; it doesn't even seem right starting the month of November off with a day at the beach. This time last year we were in snowsuits and shoveling our driveway. In the picture with Ethan and Rachel on the tree stump you can see what's left of the "crab pond" that Jason and Ethan built by piling up sand and surrounding it with rocks. I waited too long to take a picture, the tide came in really fast. Jason found a lot of hermit crabs and some of the biggest I have ever seen. The blue crab was pretty fiesty, but who wouldn't be if they were being pestered.

4 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Wow! The beach, you posted this one just to brag. :) Those crabs look a bit creepy to me, I hope you had your zoom on. Being that close would just not be my cup of tea. Love the pic of Jason and Ethan.

The Little's said...

How fun. I wish we had a beach to go to! Love the pictures.

Becky said...

Crystal - Jealous is about the only word coming to mind right now. Love the pics!

Jeff, Jac, Marshall and Taylor said...

You're right Crystal, a day at the beach in November is wrong :) It sure looks fun!
We have had such beautiful weather here in GF this year though so it is hard to complain too much. 65 for the past three days, 51 today but I think winter is coming this weekend. I am not ready.