Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Ranch!

Playing "poker" with pawpaw, love how they all have juice boxes and are ready to win.
Wanna be 1,000 yard club...hahaha
ROCKS!
Rockin'
Rollin'
We left MS early Tuesday morning for the 10 hour drive to TX. We spent Thanksgiving at the ranch with my side of the family. My dad, brother, and I hadn't spent a thanksgiving together since I was a freshman in high school. Fun was had by all and tummies were definitely satisfied thanks to dad and Mel's wonderful cooking. It was the best Thanksgiving I have had in a while. Ethan and Rachel got to play with cousins and do some very unique things. Some of the days festivities included the following: Dad and I took the kids on a safari ride while waiting for dinner, the boys pretended shooting water buffalo and deer with their finger pistols and the girls were caught up looking and laughing at the "black buck poop" on the trails. All the guys attempted to target practice with water jugs set at 1,000 yards. Myself, Nikki and Mary Beth spent our time running back and forth between the lodge and house to get forgotten ingredients. Mel spent most of her day in the kitchen but it was well worth it. Dad sat down with all the grandkids and played "poker" which was a huge hit. There are too many pictures to list on the blog but here are some of my favorites.

0 comments: