Monday, December 7, 2009

32 in Montana!

Are you ready for a story? This might be my longest blog post yet. Jason pulled off the biggest surprise to date for my birthday this year. The day before my birthday he sent me out to lunch and to a spa for rest and relaxation with a good friend. Perfect present and little did I know that was just to throw me off for what I would be in store for the next morning. My birthday morning started off with all I could ever want; Jason, Ethan and Rachel waking me up with their cards and presents in hand for me to open. My day was complete until Jason told me to turn my card over and read the back, I quickly learned that I was leaving on a jet plane and had to be at the airport in about 2 hours. Following are all the thoughts that ran through my head in about 10 seconds: All eyes were on me for my reaction, I wanted to cry but didn't because I didn't want Ethan and Rachel to think I was upset. I wanted to jump on the bed and scream but again, Ethan and Rachel are watching me and jumping on the bed gets you in big trouble at our house. Then shock set in and all the things I had to do in the coming week started running through my head. Oh, I still have to pack and the kids have to be at school in an hour, I need to get breakfast ready, how did Jason keep such a surprise from me, Becky knows and kept it secret too, sooo sneaky. I gave everybody a hug and jumped out of bed only to stand there and literally ask myself out loud, where do I start? Yes, suitcase would be a good place to start. All the while Jason is enjoying every moment of watching me freak out because I am by no means a spontaneous person and unless it's on my calendar or to do list, it doesn't exist. We got the kids ready and Jason took them to school while I continued freaking out and throwing clothes in my suitcase. Did I mention we had one of the busiest weekends ever and my house is wrecked and laundry is 3 loads away from being done? Oh well, as Jason put it to me that morning, "click the accept button and just pack your suitcase, that's all you have time to do". I could go on with more details but I made it to Montana to see my BFF and her four kids. I stayed at the Daw Bed & Breakfast complete with my own master suite, made to order meals, and endless entertainment from the kiddos. Elf was the feature movie, and Speed was the card game of the week. I experienced frozen nose hairs again and it quickly reminded me that I did NOT miss the cold weather. I'll take the heat over cold any day, even with 100% humidity. My week was great and it went by too quick. What a birthday and what a week. I am so blessed!




1 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Crystal! Thanks for sharing it with us. The kids have been getting out wormie every day since you left. Montana misses you. It got colder and icier here just to prove it!
Come back soon - ha ha
Love You! Miss Ya! ABCDEF
Tell Jason Thanks Again!