Thursday, September 4, 2008

We're HOME!



We journeyed back to MS early Wednesday morning. Our house didn't have any damage, woohoo! It has definitely been an interesting past few days. In the last 72 hours alone I have been to the ER for a corneal abrasion, we made a roundtrip to Birmingham, Ethan lost his first tooth, and I took Ethan to the ER last night. Corneal abrasions are beyond painful and driving for 10 hours doesn't help either. My eye was so irritated from driving that infection had set in and I had to stay in my hotel room with both eyes shut for 24 hours. THANK YOU to all that helped with Ethan and Rachel, I couldn't have managed without you. While I was "keeping my eyes shut" per doctor's orders; Ethan and Rachel were with one of the families that evacuated and Ethan lost his first tooth. I'm soooo bummed I missed it. Once we got home, one of Ethan's glands swelled up to the size of a golf ball. So, I rushed him to the ER and the swelling had gone down before the doctor came to the room 2 hours later. Just a freak occurance, but worth getting the doctor's opinion. Needless to say we are glad to be home. Did I mention I did all this by myself while Jason was evacuated to Scott AFB? Yeah, he'll be home tonight and we can't wait.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

oh my! you are the epitome of a military spouse. what the heck is a corneal abrasion? poor thing, how is someone alone with 2 kids in a hotel supposed to function keeping their eyes closed. it's a good thing you are such a lovely person that people are willing to help you out. good luck, i'm glad you are back home and i hope you get to take off alone all weekend :-)

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Crystal, the weirdest things happen toyou. Geez Lady! I do hope your eye is better and I can only imagine how excited Carter is going to be for Ethan. Of course he is also going to wonder why his teeth are not falling out just yet. We also had a tooth falling out experience yesterday. :) So is Ethan totally fine and it hasn't happened again? Sometimes all it takes is going to the doctor doesn't it.
Do me a favor. Ethan has a letter here and I need your address. Will you email me with it. hollienboys@yahoo.com Thanks Crystal. So glad you have made friends who were able to help you out while keeping your eyeshut. I can only imagine the annoyance that was!!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Carter says.
That was a good job getting your tooth out of your mouth. I miss you. I love you. How is your new house?
love
carter

Kathy said...

OK, you just reminded me to get the tooth pictures to you!!! I'll do that tonight. We enjoyed having a "sleep over" with those two! The kids loved it! Grant still talks about Ethan's police shoes... Thank the Lord your eye survived!

Jeff, Jac, Marshall and Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff, Jac, Marshall and Taylor said...

Eddys
Glad you are home and safe! It sounds like you are having a bit too much excitement at your new base :)
We were hoping to keep connected with you guys so write us when you get a free minute.
Jeff and Jacqui :)
jdeem6@gra.midco.net